Saturday, March 12, 2011

The beginnings of my dream shabby-chic master bedroom

I have a rather large space upstairs - it has a sort of pseudo-room where you first walk up the stairs - I'm thinking I will make this into a reading nook or possibly remodel for some extra closet space. Then comes the big open space of the bedroom. Which I totally see as my future master bedroom. I live in a small barn-like house in the country where the bedrooms are small and the closet spaces leaves much to be desired. However, upstairs is an absolute haven. Unfortunately, I have not had sufficient funds to begin the remodeling project. But that has not prevented me from dreaming and researching on how I would like to design this space. 
Two words come to mind: shabby chic.
When I think of shabby chic, I think of girly, feminine, vintage with modern twists, floral elements, light pink, silver or light blue walls with silver/white/champagne accents and ultra soft bedding. 
After taking much delight in researching images, I have found a few inspirations for my future bedroom. 
This bed frame should be easy to make due to my dad's mad carpentry skills.
I've always wanted a vanity in my bedroom. It reminds me of old Hollywood Glamor.
This is a nightstand from Pier One - their Hayworth Collection. While I really like this one, I found a cheaper one at Target. I could get this one for around $100 or two from target for $140.
I want to purchase this...like...asap.
I'm in love with the vintage aspect of this piece. Hopefully I can find something I love as much at a thrift/antique store. Although I think I may want to do a color wash on mine instead of white...since my floors will be white, I don't want the furniture to be washed out with the flooring.
This is a plain white chair I found at Pier One...but wait...there's more...
This is the cover for this particular chair. Since I like re-decorating so often, I think this may be a good choice. I can have another cover made or purchase another one at Pier One.
I am LOVING these plush, ruffle-y pillows at Pier One. I have experienced the softness of these first-hand.
My dad and I did a white-wash floor for a client recently. I am thinking this technique will go wonderfully in a shabby-chic inspired room.






           




No comments:

Post a Comment